Sunday 4 October 2015

~Moto2 rider line - ups for 2016~

A change I am very excited about is Miguel Oliveira signing for Leopard Racing in the Moto2 category for 2016. Back in Qatar in March I was placing my bets on Oliveira to win on race weekends and the championship overall. Now this may not have worked out very well at the beginning and Miguel did cost me a few quid but at Mugello he finally scored a victory. The first Portugese rider to do so in Moto3. He followed that up with two more victories in Assen and Aragon.
He has been consistently at the front fighting all season and I cant wait to see him compete in the Moto2 category next year.

Miguel Oliveira: "Honestly speaking I’ve been playing around with this idea since the beginning of this year. Of course it will be a big step for me, but I feel I’m ready to do it. Moto2 is a very difficult category so I’ll need a lot of training to start this new chapter in my career well prepared because we’ve seen many riders to enter this class but struggling to adapt to it quickly. Anyway, I’m convinced that I’m doing it with the right team, I trust in the guys around me as well as in the whole project. I think we’re going be successful. From my side I can say that I’ll put my 200 percent in this stage of my career and I’ll try to do my best from the very beginning. I’m really happy to reach this agreement with such a successful team and with an experienced crew.”
 
Oliveira with the Leopard Bosses
Miodrag Kotur( Leopard Racing): "First of all, we are pleased that Miguel Oliveira has seen what we want to achieve with our global road-racing programme. We’ve been watching him for some months and there is no doubt  that Miguel is a rider of great talent and potential. We certainly feel he can open a few eyes. We are very confident that his smart riding style will suit perfectly with a Moto2 bike. We are looking forward to meeting the Moto2 World championship challenge with this young rider."
 
 
 
 
 
Another signing for Leopard is the heir to the 2015 Moto3 world championship, Danny Kent. Danny has already visited the intermediate category in 2013 with the Tech3 team. And that did not work out well at all. Let's see can Danny banish those demons and conquer the Moto2 category too!
 
Danny Kent: “I’m really happy to sign for Leopard Racing in 2016 for Moto2. We've experienced a great season this year so I’m really excited to start our challenge in the intermediate category. A massive thank you to all people in the team for believing in me and I’m pretty sure that we also can have a great season in 2016 together.”
 
Danny Kent re signs with Leopard Racing for 2016 in Moto2
 
 
Miodrag Kotur (Leopard Racing): "We are happy to continue our collaboration with Danny who has shown not only his potential as a rider but also his loyalty for Leopard Racing many times. We are also pleased to be able to offer him a great opportunity in Moto2. For now we look forward to start our new project with two very talented rider soon after this season is concluded. Our riders line up is complete both in Moto3 and Moto2 for next year. Now we must stay focused on our current exciting 2015 campaign
 
Well that's the Leopard Racing Moto2 line up for 2016 covered. hard to believe they are only in Grand Prix racing one year!
 









No comments:

Post a Comment